Last Topic of the Year, due by Sunday, June 7:

Perhaps its time to pick out some favorite memories of Pine Point. Let us know about three (or two, or one, or fifty) of your fond memories of your time at our school. Don't worry about choosing a favorite. Just describe a few good memories. (Feel free to do more than one post as memories come back to you.)

Remember to check the rubrics (to the right). Contributions to the forum can be brief, but must be well thought out and carefully written. No typos or grammar errors, please.


Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hi. This is Mr. Salsich. I'm enjoying all your thoughts about the speech topics. I have one comment about the "what makes me happy topic", which is getting a few votes. One danger I see is that the speeches might be kind of similar. I mean, do you think a lot of kids might want to talk about the same things, like how music makes them happy, or dancing, or playing sports, or hanging out with friends? One thing we always want in the speeches is for each speech to be completely different and unique. That's become kind of a tradition. Each 9th grader is unique, so each speech should be unique. Do you think that could happen with the "what makes me happy" topic? (Also, I want to add that, if we decide on that topic, I probably won't let you repeat what an earlier speaker had said. Like if a student in January talks about how music makes her happy, probably I wouldn't let another student use music, just to make sure each speech is unique. (Is that too harsh??)
Keep the posts coming. I'm loving them.

No comments: