Last Topic of the Year, due by Sunday, June 7:

Perhaps its time to pick out some favorite memories of Pine Point. Let us know about three (or two, or one, or fifty) of your fond memories of your time at our school. Don't worry about choosing a favorite. Just describe a few good memories. (Feel free to do more than one post as memories come back to you.)

Remember to check the rubrics (to the right). Contributions to the forum can be brief, but must be well thought out and carefully written. No typos or grammar errors, please.


Sunday, October 12, 2008

Kimo and his Oodles of Wisdom

"It was a mood of intense appreciation, a sense that, for once, he was magnificently attune to life and that everything about him was radiating a brightness and a glamour he might never know again. " -Winter Dreams

This phrase really stood out to me, in the sense that appreciation is a rare emotion in our modern world, and is often confused with greed and the demand for more and more. I myself don't appreciate life as much as I can; everyday when I eat, I don't take the time to contemplate what that meal means to me, and to thank the universe for my comfortable life. But when we do experience true appreciation, it is the most marvelous and fulfilling emotion of them all.

No comments: