Last Topic of the Year, due by Sunday, June 7:

Perhaps its time to pick out some favorite memories of Pine Point. Let us know about three (or two, or one, or fifty) of your fond memories of your time at our school. Don't worry about choosing a favorite. Just describe a few good memories. (Feel free to do more than one post as memories come back to you.)

Remember to check the rubrics (to the right). Contributions to the forum can be brief, but must be well thought out and carefully written. No typos or grammar errors, please.


Thursday, October 9, 2008

Tristan's Post!

"She had inflicted on him the innumerable little slights and indignities possible in such a case-as if in revenge for having ever cared for him at all."(Fitzgerald,183) After reading this sentence, something deep within me stirred, as memories from previous schools came bubbling up within me as if I would burst if I didn't succumb to thinking about them. This sentence had this effect on me because I have been treated before, as Dexter was treated by Judy, with cruelty by a girl. To know this pain, and to understand how he must have felt really brings me to a whole new level of understanding. As I am sure, I have yet to experience the full suffering that Dexter has experienced, but having experienced a lower level of the same hurt Dexter felt, I am sure that Mr. Fitzgerald must have had a similar experience to have written so accurately about Dexter's pain.

No comments: