Last Topic of the Year, due by Sunday, June 7:

Perhaps its time to pick out some favorite memories of Pine Point. Let us know about three (or two, or one, or fifty) of your fond memories of your time at our school. Don't worry about choosing a favorite. Just describe a few good memories. (Feel free to do more than one post as memories come back to you.)

Remember to check the rubrics (to the right). Contributions to the forum can be brief, but must be well thought out and carefully written. No typos or grammar errors, please.


Monday, January 12, 2009

Anna's post

I have an immense respect for people with physical handicaps. As I think about the opinions of my classmates, I look down at my legs and glance at the keyboard, watching my fingers fly across the keys. I can move and dance and run. I can see. I sit quietly and pay attention to Bob Marley's voice as it protrudes from my speakers. I can hear. I can laugh. I can feel and smell and speak. My mind skims over each of these beautiful capabilities. They are natural elements of life as humans, and I simply don't know which one I could bare to loose. I could give up my eyes, but a morning sunrise is magnificent. I could give up my ears, but I love to hear the voice of a friend. I could give up my legs, but when drums and bass course through the contours of a room, reaching the corners and pulling at my mind, I just want to dance. I truly admire those who lack one of these "necessities" of life, one of these capabilities that to me seem to be essential for happiness. I can not choose what I would be able to loose, for each seems more terrible to live without than the last. I respect the handicapped, who live their lives with more grace and strength that I could ever hope to posses.

No comments: