Last Topic of the Year, due by Sunday, June 7:

Perhaps its time to pick out some favorite memories of Pine Point. Let us know about three (or two, or one, or fifty) of your fond memories of your time at our school. Don't worry about choosing a favorite. Just describe a few good memories. (Feel free to do more than one post as memories come back to you.)

Remember to check the rubrics (to the right). Contributions to the forum can be brief, but must be well thought out and carefully written. No typos or grammar errors, please.


Sunday, January 11, 2009

Kimo's post

In the unparalleled continuum that is our mind, there are many figurative Islands for which us to recede to into our own quite paradise; there are also those literal islands, the results of chaotic plates in the ground that has resulted in our “Ultimate Relaxation Experiences.” For me, playing along with my former thought, one world in which I immerse myself is television. I love TV. Any of my friends can tell you that. But it is not the mindless culture knowledge that I am interested in, but rather the complicity of a program; when I sit down and watch a show, often I will watch one that I already have, studying the angles, alerting my ears to the subtle music, empathize with the character’s pain, frustration, yearning, integrity, deceits, nobleness, sacrifices. Every time I watch an episode of my favorite show, “Lost”, which coincidentally takes place on an island, I am drawn, not by the “cool things” like the occasional violence, but rather by the beauty of each episode, like a piece preformed by an orchestra, an orchestra that knows how to thrill, to deceive, to give, and to take away, to make you laugh, to make you cry, to make you honor that which doesn’t exist. Like a never-ending novel, these programs like “Lost” are one of my most revered islands, and the best part is that it’s not mine, but rather a journey shared by millions across the globe, who all share in the timeless stories that will be seen generations to come.

No comments: