Last Topic of the Year, due by Sunday, June 7:

Perhaps its time to pick out some favorite memories of Pine Point. Let us know about three (or two, or one, or fifty) of your fond memories of your time at our school. Don't worry about choosing a favorite. Just describe a few good memories. (Feel free to do more than one post as memories come back to you.)

Remember to check the rubrics (to the right). Contributions to the forum can be brief, but must be well thought out and carefully written. No typos or grammar errors, please.


Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tristan's Post!

I have one place where I enjoy myself more than anywhere else. This place is my camp, Winona. I don't like to call it a camp, because this word implies that it is just a camp. Winona is not just a camp, it is also a family, a home, and a school that teaches me things far more important to me than knowledge. I can never convey to people how great Winona is, because the more I try to convey my feelings to people, the farther I am from explaining how important it is to me, the more people think, "Oh, it's just a summer camp." Right now, I am once again failing to say what is conveyed so simply by a smile on a face, a summer breeze, and the smell of pines. Regardless of how bad I am at convincing people that Moose Pond and Pleasant Mountain are better than any heaven supplied by any religion, the fact remains that I enjoy myself a whole lot every summer. I can isolate myself on an island of completely different friends and mentors, combined with clear water to swim in, mountains to be hiked, wood to be chopped, canoes to be crashed, rifles to be shot, and a heck of a lot of memories to share.

No comments: