Last Topic of the Year, due by Sunday, June 7:

Perhaps its time to pick out some favorite memories of Pine Point. Let us know about three (or two, or one, or fifty) of your fond memories of your time at our school. Don't worry about choosing a favorite. Just describe a few good memories. (Feel free to do more than one post as memories come back to you.)

Remember to check the rubrics (to the right). Contributions to the forum can be brief, but must be well thought out and carefully written. No typos or grammar errors, please.


Friday, February 13, 2009

gabe's post

Gabriel Campbell

Mr. Salsich

English B

February 9th 2009

 

            We all have our own idea of what magic is, whether it is pulling objects out of a hat or making things vanish (FAST word) into thin air. My idea of magic is being alive. When I was six years old, I was hit by a car. I nearly died and was unconscious for several hours. I had also broken my collarbone and pelvis. This may seem like a strange form of magic, but there are some very convincing reasons. I could have never walked again, I could have never had function of my body again, or I could have woken up again (Anaphora).  This to me is magic because car accidents frequently bring disabilities and death, and I had narrowly (FAST word) escaped both. I am a healthy teenager, all my body parts are functioning, and I am alive. This to me is magic. Overall, while my form of magic involves escaping death, after what I’ve encountered that is magical enough for me

No comments: