Last Topic of the Year, due by Sunday, June 7:

Perhaps its time to pick out some favorite memories of Pine Point. Let us know about three (or two, or one, or fifty) of your fond memories of your time at our school. Don't worry about choosing a favorite. Just describe a few good memories. (Feel free to do more than one post as memories come back to you.)

Remember to check the rubrics (to the right). Contributions to the forum can be brief, but must be well thought out and carefully written. No typos or grammar errors, please.


Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hannah's Paragraph

Hannah Staley
English 9
Mr. Salsich
10 February 2009


The Magic of Pine Point:
A paragraph on the magic of Pine Point


Have you ever felt fortuitous? Have you felt like anything is possible? Have you had the experience of feeling that anything is within your reach? (Anaphora) I have. There have been many different scenes in my life which have felt magical, but one really stands out. I can remember the first time I came to visit Pine Point and made the decision that this is where I want to be. When I first stepped into the front doors of this school, I was welcomed with open arms and huge smiles. To me, this was strange since I was coming from a school that had up to 200 kids in the grade. I was simply amazed at the fact that these fourth grade students were ready to show me, a complete stranger, how things work and welcome me into their family. This visit had a sense of magic because I had never seen anything like it. I was impressed by the way Pine Point students engaged me in conversation. In fact, I can remember shyly sitting across from Ceilie and her making the effort to introduce herself with a cheerful “hi I’m Ceilie Moore welcome to the fourth grade!” It was a comment like that that had me sold on the school and really showed her exemplary behavior towards newcomers. Finally, Pine Point was magical for me because I was accepted. I joined these wonderful kids in the fifth grade. That first day was was terrifying but one I will never forget. I thank Ceilie for her enthusiasm and willingness to make me comfortable. So whether it’s coming to a new school, moving to a new place or trying a new food, I can almost guarantee you something magical will happen along the way if you are lucky like me.

No comments: