Last Topic of the Year, due by Sunday, June 7:

Perhaps its time to pick out some favorite memories of Pine Point. Let us know about three (or two, or one, or fifty) of your fond memories of your time at our school. Don't worry about choosing a favorite. Just describe a few good memories. (Feel free to do more than one post as memories come back to you.)

Remember to check the rubrics (to the right). Contributions to the forum can be brief, but must be well thought out and carefully written. No typos or grammar errors, please.


Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Julie's Paragraph

Julie Philippe
Mr. Hamilton Salsich
English 9
February 10th, 2009

Magic:
a paragraph about the role of magic in my life
Like Prospero in Shakespeare’s The Tempest, we all have our magic powers. We all have the magic to make a miracle happen, we all have the magic to be better people, but most importantly, we all have the magic to be who we are (Anaphora). To me, my whole life is magical. The chance to live a life in America surrounded by the most generous people is magical. Even the endless acts of kindness of a classmate or the smile of a stranger is magical. The most magical moment of my life was my first birthday party in the United States. As soon as all my new friends walked in the living room singing happy birthday, I felt as though they had finally crossed a line through my differences. After all these lonely months, it was so magical to feel accepted, loved, and wanted. At the end of that party, I felt on top of the world, as if all this discrepancy (FAST) had flown away. The words of hate and the feeling of anger from the other kids had gone away. Magic taught me to value friendship and understand the power of indifference. I believe that magic can change a life, it can change hate, and wipe away all tears into a smile.

No comments: