Last Topic of the Year, due by Sunday, June 7:

Perhaps its time to pick out some favorite memories of Pine Point. Let us know about three (or two, or one, or fifty) of your fond memories of your time at our school. Don't worry about choosing a favorite. Just describe a few good memories. (Feel free to do more than one post as memories come back to you.)

Remember to check the rubrics (to the right). Contributions to the forum can be brief, but must be well thought out and carefully written. No typos or grammar errors, please.


Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Tristan's Post!

I researched special cases of assault on women and children in the Congo, and I must say that the information we discovered was downright horrible. I won't go in to detail about what we found, but suffice it to say that soldiers use rape as a military tactic to scare villages into compliance. This research threw a lot of my problems into a different perspective, and now I don't really care as much about my problems, because I know that until someone does something, people will constantly suffer in the DRC. On that note, our conversation with Mr. Nduaka escalated from the concept of helping the Congo, to the concept of global unity to stop suffering. This made me realize if every single person forgets their little problems, than we can fight to live together in a peaceful world.

No comments: