Last Topic of the Year, due by Sunday, June 7:

Perhaps its time to pick out some favorite memories of Pine Point. Let us know about three (or two, or one, or fifty) of your fond memories of your time at our school. Don't worry about choosing a favorite. Just describe a few good memories. (Feel free to do more than one post as memories come back to you.)

Remember to check the rubrics (to the right). Contributions to the forum can be brief, but must be well thought out and carefully written. No typos or grammar errors, please.


Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Wendell's Post

Wendell Frink
Mr. Salsich
English 9
10 February 2009

Magic in My Life
A Paragraph about Magical Events in My Life

In my short and venerable [FAST] life, I have only had a couple of events that were magical to me. I believe the most magical event in my life was when I learned to carve with a snowboard. The curving, arching, turning [Purposeful Repetition] lines created by the board’s edges are something that is magical to me. Whenever I see this event occur, it soothes me to a certain calmness as I remember when I was able to produce those lines. A second thing in my life that is magical to me is the art of sleeping. Sleeping rejuvenates your mind, sleeping fixes your body, and sleeping helps you perform better [Anaphora]. The feeling of laying my head on a cool pillow is magical. The last magical thing that has occurred in my life is when I learned to read. My mom would make me read her several short stories about animals every night. I remember when I finally was able to decipher [FAST] the pages of each book with ease, for it was truly magical. Several memorable magical events have occurred in my lifetime.

No comments: