Last Topic of the Year, due by Sunday, June 7:

Perhaps its time to pick out some favorite memories of Pine Point. Let us know about three (or two, or one, or fifty) of your fond memories of your time at our school. Don't worry about choosing a favorite. Just describe a few good memories. (Feel free to do more than one post as memories come back to you.)

Remember to check the rubrics (to the right). Contributions to the forum can be brief, but must be well thought out and carefully written. No typos or grammar errors, please.


Thursday, April 2, 2009

Sarahs Post=]

Riding a roller coaster may look like fun, but staring up at the towering tracks for the first time is horrifying. Last year, Caroline asked me if I liked roller coasters, and I, of course, lied and said yes. The next thing I knew I was standing with her and Parker at Six Flags. I had made a promise to her that I'd ride every roller coaster with her, but to tell you the truth, I definitely knew I wasn't going to. I knew that Parker too was afraid of roller coasters, and that it wouldn't be so bad watching Caroline twirl from unimaginable heights if Parker was their laughing too. Caroline does take promises very seriously though, and dragged me onto Batman- a very large roller coaster. I was terrified out of my mind, but I kept telling myself I can do this. Within ten minutes, Caroline, Parker and I were swirling in the hot, sticky air and I was having the time of my life. My braveness lead to a wonderful outcome in this instance, and I'm glad that Caroline made me keep to my promise.

No comments: