Last Topic of the Year, due by Sunday, June 7:

Perhaps its time to pick out some favorite memories of Pine Point. Let us know about three (or two, or one, or fifty) of your fond memories of your time at our school. Don't worry about choosing a favorite. Just describe a few good memories. (Feel free to do more than one post as memories come back to you.)

Remember to check the rubrics (to the right). Contributions to the forum can be brief, but must be well thought out and carefully written. No typos or grammar errors, please.


Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Scarlet's Post

A moment that I experienced an absence of kindness was last year during a lacrosse game. The girls of the other team were extremely unkind to us. For example, one player tripped Olivia. She did not apologize and on top of that the whole team laughed. This made me angry so I said,
"It's not funny. She could really be hurt." Their goalie replied with a harsh, "Yes it is." I was very irritated with these girls as were my teammates, my coach and the referee. When packing up my things after the game, one of my binders fell and all of the papers slipped out. A kind friend helped me pick them up and get my binder organized again. This was a moment where I realized that kindness is a wonderful quality. When you lose it for a moment it is beautiful when you find it again.

No comments: