Last Topic of the Year, due by Sunday, June 7:

Perhaps its time to pick out some favorite memories of Pine Point. Let us know about three (or two, or one, or fifty) of your fond memories of your time at our school. Don't worry about choosing a favorite. Just describe a few good memories. (Feel free to do more than one post as memories come back to you.)

Remember to check the rubrics (to the right). Contributions to the forum can be brief, but must be well thought out and carefully written. No typos or grammar errors, please.


Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tristan's Post!

I think that it is very important to always know when to step out of the spotlight. One time when I did this a lot was on a rock climbing trip I took last summer to Mount Desert Island. I was one of the most enthusiastic camper there for rock climbing, everyone else was motivated, but I was always the one to call "shotty first on the wall". Nobody else minded, they generally told me it was okay, but I started getting more and more guilty about it. Time rolled around that we were going to go climb Otter Cliffs, a 110 foot high, sea-side rock face. I had anticipated this for awhile, the aspect of either climbing or getting swept away by the tide was somewhat hardcore to me, so I (of course) wanted to go first. After we set up a top-belay, and chose our route, the counselor asked who was going to go first. My hand went up, along with one of my co-climbers', Liam. My first impulse was, "Bah! He can wait until I'm done." But my second thoughts told me better. Another belay was being set up, and I told him he could go. I ended up going first anyway, because he wimped out, but more importantly, I gave him the opportunity, and I stepped down for him.

No comments: