Last Topic of the Year, due by Sunday, June 7:

Perhaps its time to pick out some favorite memories of Pine Point. Let us know about three (or two, or one, or fifty) of your fond memories of your time at our school. Don't worry about choosing a favorite. Just describe a few good memories. (Feel free to do more than one post as memories come back to you.)

Remember to check the rubrics (to the right). Contributions to the forum can be brief, but must be well thought out and carefully written. No typos or grammar errors, please.


Sunday, April 26, 2009

Zack's Post

I'm going to play devil's advocate and say that I do have a problem with crying. I do not have a problem with people showing emotion, be they man or woman; the person who cannot show emotion is either paranoid or recovering from such extensive trauma that they should be admitted Happydale Sanitarium. I have a problem with control. I have problem with the person who just has to wallow in their emotions and is just so absorbed with self pity that they cannot do anything. When I choke back my tears, I do not do it for your benefit, I do it for mine. I remain objective, rational. Those are the physiological effects of crying, many of parts of the brain stop functioning and "fight or flight" kicks in. Mabye it's just the things I do, but when I am pushed to the point of crying, I can't afford to, and I sometimes have to smack around the guy who is. When people cry they focus inward, on their own emotions; I do not care about these emotions, often I can respect them or try to emulate them; I just do not like to watch people who lose control.

No comments: