Last Topic of the Year, due by Sunday, June 7:

Perhaps its time to pick out some favorite memories of Pine Point. Let us know about three (or two, or one, or fifty) of your fond memories of your time at our school. Don't worry about choosing a favorite. Just describe a few good memories. (Feel free to do more than one post as memories come back to you.)

Remember to check the rubrics (to the right). Contributions to the forum can be brief, but must be well thought out and carefully written. No typos or grammar errors, please.


Sunday, May 17, 2009

Ceilie's Post

As the end of the year nears, I have no focus left inside me. I need three months of vacation to take me away from any form of a structured day and instead replace it with sleeping in until noon, reading something other than a textbook and concentrate solely on tanning without burning. I am so close to getting all of this, but I still have three weeks of school left. While not much can get me to stay focused, one thing that is keeping me from slipping under the tide and getting pulled away from shore is the school I am destined to attend next year. Even though the last thing on my mind is the idea that I have four more years of required school ahead of me, I shudder at the thought that if my grades don't pass for the last semester, I'm probably not going to the school I have been dreaming of for the past two years. It about a year and a half's worth of effort to get the needed grades, complete the application, survive the interview, and receive the anticipated acceptance letter and all it takes is some end-of-the-year slacking to rip that out from under me. I don't need forty lectures from each teacher about how we have twenty-one days left or a bad grade on a simple quiz to keep me motivated, just the fact that my carelessness could potentially ruin every one of my hopes for the future. 

No comments: