Last Topic of the Year, due by Sunday, June 7:

Perhaps its time to pick out some favorite memories of Pine Point. Let us know about three (or two, or one, or fifty) of your fond memories of your time at our school. Don't worry about choosing a favorite. Just describe a few good memories. (Feel free to do more than one post as memories come back to you.)

Remember to check the rubrics (to the right). Contributions to the forum can be brief, but must be well thought out and carefully written. No typos or grammar errors, please.


Monday, May 25, 2009

I find this topic to be rather vague. i think that the term baggage is reserved for unpredicted departure, and we have known about graduation for a long time. It would be silly to think that we didn't have time to unload this so-called baggage. Although looking into the future, there will be times in which things come to an end and it in these times that we will carry true baggage, not just jumbled emotions disguising as baggage. I found out last week that I was moving to New Jersey in a month. Now here would be an argument for baggage, as although I have a month to say goodbye, how can that ever be enough? Sure, some people may never have enough time to "say goodbye" to Pine Point, but I'm pretty sure that we all had prepared ourselves for this mentally and subconsciously as late as the beginning of this year. But life goes on for everyone, and they have the security of knowing that life will come full circle and be it boarding school or day school, everything will be the same when they return. My problem is, I have no return, for above my own hopes my family is moving, detaching itself from this machine, and I will never be a part of it again.And I will have baggage. As for what that may be, well that's personal, but involves a block of pepper never burned, and memories forever unremembered.

No comments: