Last Topic of the Year, due by Sunday, June 7:

Perhaps its time to pick out some favorite memories of Pine Point. Let us know about three (or two, or one, or fifty) of your fond memories of your time at our school. Don't worry about choosing a favorite. Just describe a few good memories. (Feel free to do more than one post as memories come back to you.)

Remember to check the rubrics (to the right). Contributions to the forum can be brief, but must be well thought out and carefully written. No typos or grammar errors, please.


Friday, May 1, 2009

Lydia's Post

I haven't lost much in my life. Naomi Shihab Nye would say that this means that I have never experienced kindness, but I think this is a very ignorant. For someone to say that I don't know what kindness is because I have not had the misfortune of losing someone important to me seems absurd. I can still appreciate a considerate act or offer a kind word to a friend in need. I can still recognize when someone is doing something to help improve their reputation or when it is purely selfless. I find it rather offensive for her to say that I know nothing of kindness.

No comments: