Last Topic of the Year, due by Sunday, June 7:

Perhaps its time to pick out some favorite memories of Pine Point. Let us know about three (or two, or one, or fifty) of your fond memories of your time at our school. Don't worry about choosing a favorite. Just describe a few good memories. (Feel free to do more than one post as memories come back to you.)

Remember to check the rubrics (to the right). Contributions to the forum can be brief, but must be well thought out and carefully written. No typos or grammar errors, please.


Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Olivia's post

I know a lot of people with handicaps. Some of them blind, deaf, in a wheel chair, on crutches and others, who are mentally challenged. All of them are things that are hard to live with out. It's hard to live with out seeing things, hearing things, walking like a regular person and even thinking differently then another. If I were blind, like Tristan and Julie, I wouldn't be able to see what I or other people looked like and the world, but on the contrary there is always touch and and people could explain things to you, but it is not the same. If I were deaf I wouldn't be able to hear my favorite song and what it really sounded like, all I would be able to hear are the vibrations. If I were in a wheelchair or crutches, I think I would prefer this out of all of them. Today they have all kinds of things for people who are in wheelchairs, crutches, who are blind and deaf. They can play a bunch of sports including horseback riding, snowboarding, skiing, basketball, all kinds of things, that society has worked on to get the impaired included. If I were mentally challenged, I wouldn't think of it as a challenge, just a different, and new way to figure out and try to get around things, that for other people are easy. One of the most amazing things I have ever seen was a blind girl jumping on a horse. I have closed my eyes while jumping, only a few times, but she must have to have immense trust in her horse and herself to do something incredible like that.

No comments: