Last Topic of the Year, due by Sunday, June 7:

Perhaps its time to pick out some favorite memories of Pine Point. Let us know about three (or two, or one, or fifty) of your fond memories of your time at our school. Don't worry about choosing a favorite. Just describe a few good memories. (Feel free to do more than one post as memories come back to you.)

Remember to check the rubrics (to the right). Contributions to the forum can be brief, but must be well thought out and carefully written. No typos or grammar errors, please.


Monday, March 30, 2009

Caroline's post

This past summer I traveled with a People2People program to Europe for three weeks, one of which was spent in Italy. While we were in Italy, we participated in a workshop about trust and confidence. After many group activities, there was a challenge that tested our new skills. Next thing I knew, I was standing on the roof of a 100ft. castle watchtower, which I was supposed to repel down. I was in the second to last group to go, and just watching the others fall off the tower onto nothing frightened me. Some people couldn’t do it and had to take the six or so flights of stairs down. When it was my turn, I promised myself I would do this and just held onto the rope as tight as possible. Soon as I was off the ledge, I realized that it was really fun.  Through this, I went out of my comfort zone enough to create a positive experience.  That was a moment I will never forget.

No comments: