Last Topic of the Year, due by Sunday, June 7:

Perhaps its time to pick out some favorite memories of Pine Point. Let us know about three (or two, or one, or fifty) of your fond memories of your time at our school. Don't worry about choosing a favorite. Just describe a few good memories. (Feel free to do more than one post as memories come back to you.)

Remember to check the rubrics (to the right). Contributions to the forum can be brief, but must be well thought out and carefully written. No typos or grammar errors, please.


Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Zack's Post

I apologize that this is late. I guess that means that I am late. Since the moment you opened this page I have been late, and as you read this and I stress the point ad nauseum, I am late. But as soon as you leave the computer I will cease to be late and become something else. But that is only one of six billion different mes in existence at this moment, one for every person alive. To some of them I am someone real who they can picture in their heads. To all the rest though, I am faceless, or at least with a face not my own, and am little more than a statistic, one of six billion other nameless, faceless people. Each of us, in the small group now, pictures me differently. I can not say how everyone pictures me but I can draw up a version of myself. Tall and lean, no longer gangly, with long dark hair, I am often slightly stooped talking to shorter people but do not slouch, part of an inner pride and sense of equality if not superiority. Smart, both in long winded analytical abilities but also what one might call quick witted. Sense of humor aside, actually, especially in regard to humor, cynical to a fault, though I do try to conceal it around adults and teacher. With the cynicism I have no patients for stupidity or people who interrupt me to ask what a word I just used means. I do though read voraciously and have adopted a large vocabulary. I could go on, but this is far to long as it is, and I have started to think with a British accent (not good). So on that note: I am done being late.

No comments: