Last Topic of the Year, due by Sunday, June 7:

Perhaps its time to pick out some favorite memories of Pine Point. Let us know about three (or two, or one, or fifty) of your fond memories of your time at our school. Don't worry about choosing a favorite. Just describe a few good memories. (Feel free to do more than one post as memories come back to you.)

Remember to check the rubrics (to the right). Contributions to the forum can be brief, but must be well thought out and carefully written. No typos or grammar errors, please.


Monday, April 20, 2009

Anna's post

So sorry this is late.

I have had a lot of trouble with this topic. For me, standing in the spotlight is pleasant, but I think I step down when the time is right. I do my best to put emphasis on the talent's of my friends, and I try to give up certain opportunities to more deserving people than myself. Still, it is something I wish to work on in the future. Most people this week talked about stepping back from a shower of attention so that others could bask in its glory, but I have found that there are times when the stage should be ignored. When tragedy strikes, it's unnecessary for attention to be given to an individual. Perhaps the stage of life should, at times, be emptied as a sign of acknowledgement or respect. Sometimes an empty theater is more effective than even the most worthy individuals.

No comments: