Last Topic of the Year, due by Sunday, June 7:

Perhaps its time to pick out some favorite memories of Pine Point. Let us know about three (or two, or one, or fifty) of your fond memories of your time at our school. Don't worry about choosing a favorite. Just describe a few good memories. (Feel free to do more than one post as memories come back to you.)

Remember to check the rubrics (to the right). Contributions to the forum can be brief, but must be well thought out and carefully written. No typos or grammar errors, please.


Thursday, April 16, 2009

Kyle's Post

Some of my friends that know me very well know that it really isn't in my personality to take the spotlight. Yes I can be loud and draw attention to myself, but that isn't for the sake of "taking the spotlight". I simply act like that sometimes because I'm with my friends and when I'm with my friends I'm like a stew of happiness that has been simmering all day and finally has started to boil. I'm someone who enjoys letting somebody else lead because it makes them happy. I'd rather somebody else get credit for something rather than me because I know that if I try my hardest and do my best then I don't need someone to aknowledge my deeds as long as I know I did them. One specific time I can remember letting someone else "shine" was in kindergarten. It was about the end of the year and we were all lining up to go outside to recess and I was the line leader. Callie had missed her day as the line leader because she was sick and she was really sad that she missed her chance. I really didn't care about being line leader so I offered it to her and she was ecstatic. I remember her smiling the whole way to the big toy and I couldn't help, but smile too.

No comments: