Last Topic of the Year, due by Sunday, June 7:

Perhaps its time to pick out some favorite memories of Pine Point. Let us know about three (or two, or one, or fifty) of your fond memories of your time at our school. Don't worry about choosing a favorite. Just describe a few good memories. (Feel free to do more than one post as memories come back to you.)

Remember to check the rubrics (to the right). Contributions to the forum can be brief, but must be well thought out and carefully written. No typos or grammar errors, please.


Sunday, May 24, 2009

Anna's Post

This topic, for me, has been very difficult. I have always thought of emotional "baggage" in a negative sense, dried remains of distress, cold, haunting regrets, hidden shadows of what used to be. This is the baggage I will leave behind. Any opportunities I have neglected in the past 8 years or things I was to afraid to say or broken friendships I have failed to repair, I leave behind. I will say goodbye to anything I wish I'd done. I will drop the bag that is my failure. I leave regret behind me. However, there are things I will take with me as I depart in three short weeks. These things will be my wallet, my tote bag, a convenient necessity in my life as opposed to the burden that is presented by a suitcase. I will carry my memories by my side and my friends in my heart as I make my way through summer days and early fall. I will take what I have learned with me as I sit through Deerfield orientation and my first high school classes. As restless as I feel, as finished as I am, and as downright sick of Pine Point School my mind is in this moment, I will take this special place with me wherever I may go.

No comments: