Last Topic of the Year, due by Sunday, June 7:

Perhaps its time to pick out some favorite memories of Pine Point. Let us know about three (or two, or one, or fifty) of your fond memories of your time at our school. Don't worry about choosing a favorite. Just describe a few good memories. (Feel free to do more than one post as memories come back to you.)

Remember to check the rubrics (to the right). Contributions to the forum can be brief, but must be well thought out and carefully written. No typos or grammar errors, please.


Monday, May 25, 2009

Ceilie's Post

When I arrive at my new school in a few months, I will be carrying with me both physical and emotional baggage. I will have with me boxes and bags and bins of necessary things that will soon inhabit my dorm room. I will have clothes and shoes living in my closet and notebooks and pencils stored in my desk. I will also have pictures and notes written by the friends I have made at Pine Point. While these might seem like silly reminders of home to one, to me these trinkets will hold memories that no one but me can see. Inside a picture of me and my best friends is more than a simple photograph of smiling faces, but years worth of memories and knowledge, lodged inside one frame. While I won't have enough space in my room next year for every single thing I have gained from my past ten years at Pine Point, a few pieces of memorabilia will be enough to remind me of all the friends I've made, all the lessons I've learned and all of the memories I treasure inside my heart. 

No comments: