Last Topic of the Year, due by Sunday, June 7:

Perhaps its time to pick out some favorite memories of Pine Point. Let us know about three (or two, or one, or fifty) of your fond memories of your time at our school. Don't worry about choosing a favorite. Just describe a few good memories. (Feel free to do more than one post as memories come back to you.)

Remember to check the rubrics (to the right). Contributions to the forum can be brief, but must be well thought out and carefully written. No typos or grammar errors, please.


Monday, January 26, 2009

Scarlet

I must agree with Ceilie that last week I did feel very restricted. But I feel this way most of the time. School, to me, seems very pointless when stuck in classrooms, sitting, writing and trying to obtain information that will likely exit our memories in the next month. In a song by Bright Eyes, he sings, " Well, my teachers, they built this retaining wall of memory, all of those multiple choices I answered so quickly. And got my grades back and forgot just as easily, but at least I got an A." I feel that a lot of us could relate to this. We study to get the grade that will impress our parents and the people around us.  But once we achieve a grade we can be proud of we forget the information. So are we really learning anything in the confinement of our classrooms? Or should we be set free to see the world and learn ourselves from the mistakes we make? I often feel confined when going to school because to me the more rational choice for education would be to let us explore and learn from the world before our years of childhood slip through our ever-changing hands like the flies that buzz around these dull classrooms.

No comments: