Last Topic of the Year, due by Sunday, June 7:

Perhaps its time to pick out some favorite memories of Pine Point. Let us know about three (or two, or one, or fifty) of your fond memories of your time at our school. Don't worry about choosing a favorite. Just describe a few good memories. (Feel free to do more than one post as memories come back to you.)

Remember to check the rubrics (to the right). Contributions to the forum can be brief, but must be well thought out and carefully written. No typos or grammar errors, please.


Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Caroline's Post

Caroline Burlingham
Mr. H. Salsich
Honors English
February 10, 2009

My Magic:
A Paragraph on the Magic in My Life

Naturally, when I think of magic, I think of unicorns, dragons, and wizards, but the song “Do You Believe in Magic” by Ali and AJ made me think about whether magic is more than just a fantasy. Later on, I began to think back to one of my first Christmas’s. At the time, this holiday was like magic; not only did I learn that flying reindeer would be landing on my roof and that when I woke up there would be tons of presents under a tree for me, but it was a time that brought all my family and friends together. This anecdote (FAST from the 100 SAT words) was the start of a new and magical tradition. Every Christmas, since I can remember, has been spent laughing, has been spent joyfully, and has been spent with my family (ANAPHORA). Through this tradition, new traditions have been formed, such as sneaking downstairs with my cousins in hopes of seeing Santa Clause. The feeling of waking up on Christmas day is one of the most magical and indescribable feelings in the world. I know for a fact, that in ten years from now, I will still be spending Christmas with my family, laughing, and sharing stories as I do now. The security that a tradition offers is like no other. It, in a way, is pure magic. I now know that magic is not only found in fairytales, but in our lives as well, it’s just a little less obvious.

No comments: